Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Autumn in Clay

I hadn't intended to post here today, but I discovered something I had to share.  I was searching for photos of Autumn just to change up my computer's wall paper.  I am tired of this long hot summer and I want to encourage Autumn in my world. 

It was during this very benign search that I discovered this website.  Just the the Beauty doll that I discovered yesterday, I find these sculptures incredibly evocative; though of the opposite emotion.    So many of the sculptures reflect the feelings of Persephone.  As I mentioned just the other day, I see the Autumn aspect of The Goddess to be as important as her springtime aspect.  And is was specifically this piece that inspired me.  Unfortunately, it is no longer available. 

No comments:

Post a Comment