Sunday, November 28, 2010

Persephone's Winter

This is an interesting time for the story of Persephone.  It is the part of the story where we don't hear from her at all.  This is the season that feels ultimately introspective.  Persephone is in the underworld and while there, even though she is spending time with her husband, she is also forced to spend time with just herself. 

I'll admit, spending time with just myself is one of the hardest things that I do.  Not that I am not capable of it, but I don't prefer it.  I would rather be around other people.  When I am alone, I feel the constant need for background noise.  This winter, one of the things I want to work on is being more contemplative.  Letting myself be in silence with just my own thoughts.  I'm not sure what I am afraid of hearing, but I have a feeling if I just listen I will be surprised by what I find. 

Here, however, is a lovely resource for a winter meditation.  

Contemplative Persephone

No comments:

Post a Comment