Thursday, October 1, 2009

An Open Letter to Margaret Atwood

Dear Ms. Atwood,

I have dearly loved your work for my entire adult life.  I have passionately devoured all the books I can get with your name on the cover.  But there is one that I cannot read.  As a devotee of Persephone, I dream of one day being able to get my hands on Double Persephone.  I want to feel its pages in my fingers and let its words rain in my heart.  I would love to do that without paying $7500.  I know that you wrote it a very long time ago and that you have progressed as an author since you published it on your own.  I know you are probably not interested in revisiting that part of your past.  But I saw you at Emory University here in Atlanta when you came to speak about The Penelopiad.  You mentioned Double Persephone then, and I knew I needed to read it.  If only you could reprint it or publish it again in conjunction with another work. 

Thank you for your consideration. 
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment