Sunday, August 22, 2010

Things I shouldn't Drink

I went to a party at a friend's house yesterday afternoon.  I had a great time with friends and we enjoyed some fantastic food and our hostess made Mojitos. 

Mojitos, of course, are made with mint and Persephone and Mint don't exactly get along.  I came to the conclusion that, while tasty, I should stay away from mint based drinks in the future.  I have often mentioned that they are an inappropriate offering to Persephone, and I think it is high time to take my own advice. 

So, I searched for a tasty alternative to the Mojito that can be prepared instead. 


1.5 tequila
.75 St Germain
.5 simple syrup
.75 lime juice
Persephone foam top
Black lava sea salt rim

The website gives a simple version of the Persephone Myth as the story behind this cocktail.  It also tells us what Persephone foam is.  I think, however, that the drink cold be made with out that and still be tasty.  I also like the fact that it is a drink that isn't made with any main pomegranate component.  I  love pomegranate, but I don't suppose it is necessary in everything.  The black lava sea salt will give it a cool underworldly look about it too.  

Happy Cocktail Party! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment