Monday, September 20, 2010

Journey Back to the Underworld

We were in Asheville this weekend and I had an opportunity to honor Persephone's journey back to her underworld Queendom at the statue that I have on our land.  I made her a crown of pretty orange flowers (I am not sure what kind they are) and offered it to her.  The Autumn Equinox is just a few days away and the half of the year she spends with her husband is just beginning. 



While there, I also had an opportunity to offer prayers for an elder of the Pagan community who passed away just days before Autumn.  May her journey to the underworld be gentle and may she be comforted in the presence of Persephone.  I didn't know Lady Sintana personally, but anyone who is that influential in our greater community deserves great honor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment