Saturday, January 16, 2010

For Persephone, Queen of the Underworld

O Dread Queen

Soft shadows in velvet
the only color in a gray space
If ever I have offered gifts to you
If ever I have picked flowers in your name
If ever I have mourned your journey
Hear now my prayer


Persephone, honored one.
Wife of Hades, lady of the Underworld
My heart is your heart
My path is your path
My journey has followed yours
from innocence to wisdom
I began a child with eyes wide open
and I have traveled through the spring and summer
and the Autumn and winter
And back to spring again
following in your footsteps
waxing and waning between the living and the dead
Persephone, I sing of you
I am now a woman, grown as you have grown
I am a lover, I am a wife
I honor you with every day I breathe
O Persephone. Hear now my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment