Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Equinox 2010

One of the reasons I am a devotee of Persephone is because of the feeling I get at the turn of each season. I have been sorely in need of springtime to arrive especially after such a long and cold winter in Atlanta. I recently read that this winter has been one of the worst on record for our area, and I can believe it. In fact, it even snowed a little this morning!

I was able to honor   the Goddess this weekend by planting daffodils in Persephone's Glade.  I love the thought that each spring, they will make the return trip with Persephone.  My friend took this photograph of the glade. 

I've shared this poem before, but it makes me think of Springtime in North Carolina.  I wrote before we placed the statue in the glade. 

A soft spring maid picking daffodils

Autumn wife and most dread Queen
A field of white sweet asphodel
A soft spring maid picking daffodils
Olympos high above the rolling hills
Halls of Hades in the world beneath
A soft spring maid picking daffodils
Autumn wife and most dread Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment