Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Who Am I?


Recently, I completed a project where I was exploring the Homeric Hymn to Demeter in the style of Lectio Divina. I use to fall back on that project when I hadn't had any other original ideas for writing. Without that discipline, sometimes I feel like I am not sure what to share. I thought it would be an interesting exercise on this blog to explore some of the things that make up who I am exactly.  There are a lot of things in my life that make me uniquely me - just as they are a lot of things in each of your lives that accomplish the same thing.  We are each made up of multiple decisions.  These things create the core of our beings.  They create our essence.  Occasionally, we rethink and reconsider the decisions and processes that brought us to a certain place and we make a course correction, but there are some things that make up the core of our beings.

These life influences can come from a lot of difference places.  It can be music that touches our souls, people who have made a difference in our lives, books that changed the way we think, and places that we call home. I want to inventory some of these things in my life and the turning points they brought about and why they make me feel like they do.

Among the things that I will be exploring will be:

There may be more things that hit me as I explore my own path.  Join me on this journey and I hope it makes you consider the places you've been, the things you love and the things you've done.

No comments:

Post a Comment